Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pondering

Lately, I have been pondering on why I had felt lead to be a part of the Pregnancy Center. I decided that I was going to look into abortion. No, I did not want to see any pictures, but I did want to remind myself of why I came here. So, last week I spent time on line looking into abortion and the different techniques. Now, I have to tell you, I was reminded extremely quickly on why I felt lead to fight for the unborn. People, there is a battle field out there, we do not see the casualties, or the effects that it has on others, unless we look into it. It is dangerous and costly to all people, moms, dads, brothers and sisters, friends and extended family members.

And while on am on this subject, I would like to share a true story. The other night I was at the center. The phone rang and I answered it, "Pregnancy Center, Tanya speaking." This man asked me, "is this the Pregnancy center?" And I replied "yes." Then he replied, "My fiance and I have had scheduled an appointment to have an abortion the tomorrow." I explained, "that we were not Planned Parenthood, we were the Pregnancy Center of South West Iowa." I also replied, "that we did not do abortions, but I would be able to talk with them." And he replied "no." And with that he hung up.

For the first time in my life, I knew about an exacution and there was no way I could stop it. I went into prayer with the other volunteer and we pleaded for that little life.

Look, I am not here to judge, I am here to help. If you have been faced with this issue or you have had one, come down to the center and lets talk. I was to help you over come this. We do not have the right to put you down or make you feel bad. We are here to love and guide you to God.

Life is a gift and we need to give it everyday. That is what I believe, God gives life and He would not want us to take it away. And this is why I am at the Center, I want to be a solider for the Lord and protect His children and help heal the parents of abortion.

No comments: