Sunday, June 28, 2009

Junction Day Parade 2009


Yesterday, a group of us spend the morning in the Junction Days Parade. We passed out book markers and candy. We had a wonderful time, it was a little warm, but we had a great time.



I would like to thank Bonnie for her Van and driving, her two grand daughters Dana and Tianna. I would also like to thank Cara for getting the book marks done this week, and of course my kids Melanie, Luke, Jasmine and Ricky. You all did a wonderful job!!

As I was walking in the parade passing out book markers, I stopped and listened to some of the remarks made about the book markers. I heard lots of laughter and I even had several women remind me that they do not need that kind of service anymore.

I have heard this so many times in the years that I have volunteered here. I would like to say this. When I look at women, any women at any age, I do not wonder if you can have a baby, or if you are planning a family etc. What I see is someone with a heart to nurture. We are created by God to be the nurtiers of our homes and to other women(Titus 2). We are women and therefore, we are called by God to help these women be better moms and wives, if they choose to be a mom or wife. To help them make a decision based on God's word concerning their state.


We are all God's children and we need to take care of each other. If you do not feel that you can physically help at the center, please pray, donate or have a baby shower. Yes, your right, you do not need to have a baby to volunteer at the center. All you need is prayer and guidance from the Holy Spirit.

I will be honest, I pray always for God to send people to stand firm for that little baby, but most of all, I want to stand firm for the mother and father's faith. They need us, they need to see strong christian women and men who can love on them and take them right to God. We are God's Army, we need to be there as abassaders for Him and especially for the parents.

No matter what, we are all able and I hope willing to do the Lords work. God bless you and thank you for all of you support. Also, I would like to mention that the Pregnancy Center is now on Face book. We would love to have ya. In God's Love, Tanya Ross

No comments: